Day 2 of D-Blog Week! Today’s prompt:
Recently various petitions have been circulating the Diabetes Online Community, so today let’s pretend to write our own. Tell us who you would write the petition to – a person, an organization, even an object (animate or inanimate) – get creative!! What are you trying to change and what have you experienced that makes you want this change?
I decided to go a little outside the box for this one…enjoy!
We, the undersigned, do hereby petition the medical supply companies to rename test strips to more accurately reflect their true nature. Therefore, we ask that henceforth they be referred to as vampires.
1. They suck blood, like vampires
2. They live in containers (ie coffins), like vampires
3. Most are pale in colour (ie white) like vampires
4. Needing to use them can wake us in the middle of the night, like vampires
5. Depending on what number they give us, we can consider them evil, like vampires
6. Diabetes is far too serious, so havinga good laugh over saying things like “Oh shit, I’m almost out of vampires”, or “How did that vampire get there” or “Those vampires cost how much??” would be very helpful some days.
Support the cause!