So I’ve come to the realization that almost all of my previous posts have been a little on the heavy side…or at least that’s how it seems to me. So I’ve decided to try to come up with some more positive things that have arisen as a result of this disease.
1. Free yearly eye exams. Hells yes!
2. I’ve learned to become much more aware of my body and how it’s feeling in certain situations, especially in regards to blood sugar levels
3. I’m motivated to try new recipes
4. Airport security doesn’t yell at me for accidentally bringing orange juice through (totally forgot it was in there, and played along when they asked if it was for medical purposes. Yes, yes it is…)
5. Potential tax benefits
6. I’m becoming more adept at finding the silver lining in situations.
That’s all I’ve come up with so far. Not a huge list by any means, but I’m trying. Check back for later updates to this list as I discover them!